& means more
Starting out as a joinery manufacturing business in 1925, Morris & Spottiswood has developed into one of the leading providers of fitout, housing, m&e services and maintenance in the UK, and is still owned and run by the Morris Family, with George Morris as Chairman & an annual turnover of circa £70M.
We bring high quality innovative client led projects to successful completion on time and to budget, and have done so for many years, providing services ranging from reactive and planned maintenance and small works to large scale multi-phase projects and complex services installations.
More thought. More care. An approach to business that mirrors our approach to life. Do what you enjoy, enjoy what you do and share the rewards. But we can only be happy when you are too. That's why we'll always go that extra mile and put in that extra ounce of effort.
- As I was searching through family photographs for a school project I came across this photo of the first and second generation of the family. All of them apart from Granny worked in the business as was the custom. My Father is on the far right so I think the photograph must date from the […]Read More »
- We made a fascinating discovery whilst undertaking the refurbishment of the Royal Bank of Scotland’s Head Office (Dundas House) in St Andrew Square, Edinburgh. The new banking hall floor was to form a very important aspect of the design, influenced by historical images of the original banking hall. But as works progressed to remove the […]Read More »
- Morris & Spottiswood’s vans, with the big blue ampersand and their famous pairings including; ‘Echo & The Bunnymen’, ‘Mince & Tatties and ‘Salt & Sauce’, have attracted attention on the nation’s roads for several years now. However, as we have just invested £1 million in upgrading our fleet, the time has come to put some […]Read More »
- In July, we posted a story on our plans to carry out work for Vodafone at their mast site at Carbreck, on the very, very North Western tip of Scotland. Although this was a particularly challenging job due to its remote location, we are pleased to say the works are now complete and our client […]Read More »
- Congratulations to the Co-operative Group (Co-op), on the opening of their 150th new store, as part of their expansion strategy. Morris & Spottiswood undertook the complete refurbishment of this newly-acquired store (the site of a former delicatessen) in Edinburgh’s South Clerk Street. And, even if we do say so ourselves, it looks great. Together with […]Read More »
“The contract went well and I am very pleased with the outcome, Morris & Spottiswood did a good and professional job. They were accommodating when we had some late changes to the design and easy to work with and responsive. The Site Manager was first class and his positive attitude helped the project go smoothly, the M & S Team were all professional and attentive. I would have no hesitation in recommending M & S to anyone .”
Russell L Crichton, Chief Executive, Speirs & Jeffrey