& means more
Starting out as a joinery manufacturing business in 1925, Morris & Spottiswood has developed into one of the leading providers of fitout, housing, m&e services and maintenance in the UK, and is still owned and run by the Morris Family, with George Morris as Chairman & an annual turnover of circa £70M.
We bring high quality innovative client led projects to successful completion on time and to budget, and have done so for many years, providing services ranging from reactive and planned maintenance and small works to large scale multi-phase projects and complex services installations.
More thought. More care. An approach to business that mirrors our approach to life. Do what you enjoy, enjoy what you do and share the rewards. But we can only be happy when you are too. That's why we'll always go that extra mile and put in that extra ounce of effort.
- Our maintenance division have recently been appointed to two brand new maintenance frameworks carrying out PPM & Maintenance works for Iomart and Aldi. Iomart are a cloud solutions company who are premier partners with some of the worlds leading technology venders such as Microsoft and Amazon providing them with help to maximise the flexibility, cost […]Read More »
- We have recently been appointed to two new housing frameworks for Thenue Housing Association. These frameworks are for New Build Developments and Major Repairs Contracts. The major repairs contract framework includes planned & cyclical maintenance works over the next 5 years; electrical rewiring, external wall insulation, replacing windows and kitchens, central heating replacements, roof works, […]Read More »
- With a resource shortage felt across the construction industry, Morris & Spottiswood fully believe Apprenticeship Programmes are one the best ways of investing in the future. George Morris, Chairman, emphasised how crucial Apprenticeships are to combat this issue providing real life skills that will carry throughout their careers after their Apprenticeship has ended. Our latest […]Read More »
- The National Apprenticeship Week 2017 took place last month, however at Morris & Spottiswood, we focus on Apprenticeships throughout the year. Since August 2015, Morris & Spottiswood have been working with Jobs & Business Glasgow, when we secured a small refurb project at their Bridgend Nursey facility in Gorbals. Jobs & Business Glasgow provide Employment, […]Read More »
- Morris & Spottiswood have successfully delivered a £1.75 million makeover for River Clyde Homes that includes the creation of an energy saving biomass heating system. The completion of the project at Cartsdyke Apartments in Greenock, means that heating and hot water for 49 flats and all communal areas is provided by a 210kw wood-pellet burning […]Read More »