& means more
Starting out as a joinery manufacturing business in 1925, Morris & Spottiswood has developed into one of the leading providers of fitout, housing, m&e services and maintenance in the UK, and is still owned and run by the Morris Family, with George Morris as Chairman & an annual turnover of circa £70M.
We bring high quality innovative client led projects to successful completion on time and to budget, and have done so for many years, providing services ranging from reactive and planned maintenance and small works to large scale multi-phase projects and complex services installations.
More thought. More care. An approach to business that mirrors our approach to life. Do what you enjoy, enjoy what you do and share the rewards. But we can only be happy when you are too. That's why we'll always go that extra mile and put in that extra ounce of effort.
- Morris & Spottiswood’s Maintenance Division, under new Director John Murphy, have recently started work with the RNLI, carrying out reactive and planned maintenance. We are providing a multi-trade service, to RNLI lifeboat stations, support centres and shops in Scotland South 9 area, with our first job in South Queensferry Lifeboat Station. The RNLI is the […]Read More »
- Last month we were invited to join Govan High School’s table at Glasgow’s Inspiring City Awards 2016. Nominated within the Education Category was Peter Crawford for his incredible commitment to the Pre-Apprenticeship Programme that Morris & Spottiswood proudly support. There were so many deserved nominees and in this instance, Peter did not win, however it was […]Read More »
- Morris & Spottiswood pride ourselves on developing and supporting people to achieve their full potential. We are committed to working in partnership with neighbouring communities and supporting local schools, offering work placements and apprenticeships to local people. Recently we have been working closely with Govan High School, assisting them in developing their Pre-Apprenticeship Programme and […]Read More »
- We have recently completed our latest project for the Scottish Court and Tribunal Service, the refurbishment of High Court B in Glasgow. This £850k project was completed within 17 weeks and consisted of: Complete new M&E package including new AHU Bespoke furniture in main Court area New partitions, ceilings, doors and skirtings Decoration Soft flooring […]Read More »
- Morris & Spottiswood ran another successful coffee morning last month to raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Care within our Glasgow Office. Staff brought in delicious home baked goodies (and some that were suspiciously perfect), to be enjoyed by all whilst raising money for such a good cause. Raffles and competitions also ran throughout the day. Through […]Read More »
“The contract went well and I am very pleased with the outcome, Morris & Spottiswood did a good and professional job. They were accommodating when we had some late changes to the design and easy to work with and responsive. The Site Manager was first class and his positive attitude helped the project go smoothly, the M & S Team were all professional and attentive. I would have no hesitation in recommending M & S to anyone .”
Russell L Crichton, Chief Executive, Speirs & Jeffrey