& means more
Starting out as a joinery manufacturing business in 1925, Morris & Spottiswood has developed into one of the leading providers of fitout, housing, m&e services and maintenance in the UK, and is still owned and run by the Morris Family, with George Morris as Chairman & an annual turnover of circa £70M.
We bring high quality innovative client led projects to successful completion on time and to budget, and have done so for many years, providing services ranging from reactive and planned maintenance and small works to large scale multi-phase projects and complex services installations.
More thought. More care. An approach to business that mirrors our approach to life. Do what you enjoy, enjoy what you do and share the rewards. But we can only be happy when you are too. That's why we'll always go that extra mile and put in that extra ounce of effort.
- As a company Morris & Spottiswood have a long track record of helping people in the communities in which we work; however we also get involved further afield, as our work with Orkidstudio shows. Founded in 2008, Orkidstudio is a humanitarian design organisation whose focus is to benefit children and communities worldwide through innovative architecture […]Read More »
- In April we were awarded the contract for the extension and modification of a unique national resource, the Scottish Poetry Library. This award-winning building re-designed by Nicoll Russell Studios has re-opened with new features such as: ● an events and meeting space ● a recording space ● an extended, sheltered terrace for reading, conversation and […]Read More »
- We recently completed a £1 million refurbishment of the ground floor wing at Tyne House for Barclays' in Sunderland. Works undertaken included: • New meeting and training rooms. • New floor, wall and ceiling finishes • New lighting installations • Modifications to existing VRF heating/cooling • New Mechanical ventilation The finished offices are now bright […]Read More »
- We are delighted to have won a place on a new NHS Framework, covering the following areas: Ayrshire & Arran, Borders, Dumfries & Galloway, Fife, Forth Valley, Greater Glasgow & Clyde, Lanarkshire, Lothian and Tayside. Our success was built on previous projects expertly delivered for the NHS, such as the Mammography Unit and Teenage Cancer […]Read More »
- Our partnership with Govan High School in developing their Pre-apprenticeship Training Programme is going from strength to strength. The school and its volunteer ‘Skills for Life’ Development Officer, Peter Crawford, are building on the success of the 2014-2015 programme, which saw 6 pupils out of the 7 who undertook the SVQ in Painting and Decorating […]Read More »
“The contract went well and I am very pleased with the outcome, Morris & Spottiswood did a good and professional job. They were accommodating when we had some late changes to the design and easy to work with and responsive. The Site Manager was first class and his positive attitude helped the project go smoothly, the M & S Team were all professional and attentive. I would have no hesitation in recommending M & S to anyone .”
Russell L Crichton, Chief Executive, Speirs & Jeffrey