& means more
Starting out as a joinery manufacturing business in 1925, Morris & Spottiswood has developed into one of the leading providers of fitout, housing, m&e services and maintenance in the UK, and is still owned and run by the Morris Family, with George Morris as Chairman & an annual turnover of circa £70M.
We bring high quality innovative client led projects to successful completion on time and to budget, and have done so for many years, providing services ranging from reactive and planned maintenance and small works to large scale multi-phase projects and complex services installations.
More thought. More care. An approach to business that mirrors our approach to life. Do what you enjoy, enjoy what you do and share the rewards. But we can only be happy when you are too. That's why we'll always go that extra mile and put in that extra ounce of effort.
- Coast to Coast Charity Cycle in aid of Motor Neurone Disease Between the 13th-15th of June, 20 staff from 4 offices (Team M&S) cycled 170 miles between Morecambe and Bridlington. From coast to coast, they cycled across beautiful, varied landscape including the Lune Valley, Yorkshire Dales, Nidderdale and the Yorkshire Wolds and use traffic-free paths, […]
- On Friday 15th May, staff at Morris & Spottiswood raised over £1700 for “Cash for Kids” by taking part in the Charity’s “Superheroes Day”. Not only that but we also welcomed the Scottish Blood Transfusion’s Service mobile donating bus to our Office in Glasgow. Over 80 donations were made on the day, by both our […]
- Right at the core of everything we do in Morris & Spottiswood are our employees – they are the backbone of the service we provide for our clients; whether they’re working on site in client-facing roles or behind the scenes in support functions. At Morris & Spottiswood listening to our people is something we take […]
- On 25th May the Scottish Design awards 2015 were held at Glasgow’s Central Hotel, and fantastically two of Morris & Spottiswood’s recently completed projects were amongst the award winners; Glasgow Film Theatre, (GFT) – Cinema 3 won the award for the best Interior Design at the Ceremony. Previously featured in our Newsletter, the GFT is […]
- Morris & Spottiswood are delighted to have been appointed to Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust Contractor Framework for Building & Engineering works, which commenced on the 1st May 2015 and will run for 3 years.
“The contract went well and I am very pleased with the outcome, Morris & Spottiswood did a good and professional job. They were accommodating when we had some late changes to the design and easy to work with and responsive. The Site Manager was first class and his positive attitude helped the project go smoothly, the M & S Team were all professional and attentive. I would have no hesitation in recommending M & S to anyone .”
Russell L Crichton, Chief Executive, Speirs & Jeffrey