& means more
Starting out as a joinery manufacturing business in 1925, Morris & Spottiswood has developed into one of the leading providers of fitout, housing, m&e services and maintenance in the UK, and is still owned and run by the Morris Family, with George Morris as Chairman & an annual turnover of circa £70M.
We bring high quality innovative client led projects to successful completion on time and to budget, and have done so for many years, providing services ranging from reactive and planned maintenance and small works to large scale multi-phase projects and complex services installations.
More thought. More care. An approach to business that mirrors our approach to life. Do what you enjoy, enjoy what you do and share the rewards. But we can only be happy when you are too. That's why we'll always go that extra mile and put in that extra ounce of effort.
- Morris & Spottiswood are delighted to be sponsoring the BIFM(British Institute of Facilities Management) Scotland Recognition Awards 2016. These awards will take place during the annual Gala Ball in The Marriott Hotel, Glasgow on the 7th May 2016. There are three award categories: FM Professional of the Year FM Team of the Year FM Project […]Read More »
- We are happy to announce that we have been appointed as the main contractor of the Perth & Kinross Council’s Reactive Maintenance Framework. This framework will run for 3 years, 2016-2019, with jobs ranging in value from £50 to £10,000. This framework covers six lots which include a wide variety of work such as masonry, […]Read More »
- Morris & Spottiswood were delighted to be nominated for the Family Business Award at the first-ever ‘Broons Awards’ held in Glasgow a few weeks ago, celebrating great achievements of Scottish Familiesin all areas of life. The night was packed full with entertainment from Clanadonia (the kilt-cladded men who perform on Glasgow’s Buchanan Street), Dirty Harry […]Read More »
- We are delighted to be appointed to the Reactive and Planned Maintenance Framework providing services across three major University's; University Of Glasgow, University of Strathclyde and Glasgow Caledonian University. The Framework will run for 2 years 2016-2018, and covers a diverse range of building types across all 3 estates. Works and job orders ranging from […]Read More »
- Network Rail’s Edinburgh Maintenance Delivery Unit Office is open for business This £2.2M project comprised the refurbishment of an existing steel portal framed shed and an extension to support Network Rail’s Maintenance Delivery Unit (MDU). The design by BDG Architects in York, used shipping containers to construct a mezzanine floor providing office space for 82 […]Read More »
“The contract went well and I am very pleased with the outcome, Morris & Spottiswood did a good and professional job. They were accommodating when we had some late changes to the design and easy to work with and responsive. The Site Manager was first class and his positive attitude helped the project go smoothly, the M & S Team were all professional and attentive. I would have no hesitation in recommending M & S to anyone .”
Russell L Crichton, Chief Executive, Speirs & Jeffrey