The project comprises a two storey new build extension and reconfiguration of existing reception area to provide a new strength and conditioning gym at the Sighthill Campus for Edinburgh Napier University. The new facility will also incorporate studio spaces, offices, physiotherapy suite and creation of external hard and soft landscaping.
Works carried out included:
- The installation of a new audio and sound system including projectors in the upstairs studios and new sound system in the ground floor gym
- Two new training/spin studios & TRX system which can be used to carry out acrobatic yoga classes which change colour & also includes robotic lights that move in time with the music playing
- The installation of new sky lights to maximise natural light in the area(mood LED lighting was also installed in the sky light wells)
- Feature mood LED lighting was installed on the ceiling rafts in the studios
- An indoor artificial running track and specialist gym flooring was installed to
tie into the existing
- New physiotherapy treatment rooms and new office space for the British Rugby Academy was also formed.
- A first before beach wall panel was installed for the rugby players to throw medicine balls of
- New linear LED lighting
- A full new air handling unit and air conditioning system was installed within the new gym spaces.
This project was undertaken in a challenging environment with limited on site space & strict working hours due to exams being carried out in the main building next door. Morris & Spottiswood had to co-ordinate closely with the client and all subcontractors to ensure the least disruption possible was caused.