Morris & Spottiswood are one of the leading providers of fitout, refurbishment, M&E, facilities management and construction services in the UK. A family firm, with a proud track record of excellence, we aim high, act responsibly and value our staff and customers.
This role will support the Operations Manager in the management of all operational issues; including the management and development of other operational managers (where applicable). The role of Contracts Manager will assume overall responsibility for the management of a number of contracts (or a high volume contract/s). Therefore, it is critical that the successful candidates can demonstrate significant experience in managing multiple projects at any one time, with core time management, technical, planning and communication skills required, whilst ensuring all needs of the project are delivered.
Working with the Commercial team, the Contacts Manager will be responsible for managing contracts finances and budgets as well as the procurement and management of sub-contractors and materials (in conjunction with procurement department) in order to produce relevant procurement schedules.
The individual is also likely to have c5 years business experience with evidence of solid career progression. It is also desirable that candidates have experience in running large contracts with values ranging from c£500k - c£2m. Candidates with design and build knowledge will offer a distinct advantage.
• Fit-out experience essential
• Retail banking experience is a preferable
• Framework experience preferable
• Knowledge & experience of managing multiple projects between £10k-£1m
The ability to programme works at tender stage or outset of project is crucial; therefore, Asta Power Project or MS Project programming skills is essential.
Successful candidates will be expected to consistently behave and interact in line with the values of the business, while leading their team, setting objectives and developing people in order to provide a service of quality to customers and clients, both internal and external.
Ensuring compliance with all aspects of both Health & Safety Legislation and internal H&S Management System will be crucial. Successful candidates will also be skilled in delivering project programme and phasing presentations to clients, managing client, sub-contractor and team meetings effectively and managing their time and delegating effectively.
The successful individual will be a dedicated and results-driven construction manager with a successful background in the achievement of profitable and quality-led contracts. Strong leadership and team management skills, coupled with a decisive problem solving ability and excellent time management skills are imperative to the role.
You should have excellent communications skills as you will be required to express your opinions both in writing and verbally at internal and external meetings. In addition, you should be able to demonstrate a good track record of working with clients to meet their expectations as well as to deliver for the business.
Successful candidates will also:
- be flexible in terms of hours work
- hold a valid driving licence
- be fully IT literate in word and excel (at advanced level)
- hold previous line management experience (able to demonstrate all aspects of senior management experience)
- have previous experience at a blue-chip contractor
- hold a CSCS regular site visitor card, SMSTS, First Aid, Fire Warden, Scaffolding training certification
- Standard working hours: 8am - 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8am - 4pm on Fridays (one-hour lunch break each day)
- Free gym on office premises
- Annual holidays: 25 days plus 8 public
- Extra 1/2 day off for your birthday
- Successful candidates must be willing to work out of Warrington office base and be based on site as and when the job requires. Flexible approach to working hours required.
- Competitive salary with car allowance
- Couple healthcare membership
- 5% Employers Pension Contributions
Valuing People at Morris & Spottiswood
Morris & Spottiswood is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
One of our core values is to ‘Value People’. We are passionate about investing in people and genuinely take care about what we do and how we do it. This ensures that the working environment, staff, suppliers and the communities we serve always remain at the front-of-mind.
Put simply, a diverse and inclusive workforce opens our business up to a much wider talent pool and greater innovation and creativity through teams with different
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful team.