Morris & Spottiswood are one of the leading providers of fitout, refurbishment, M&E and construction services in the UK. A family firm, with a proud track record of excellence, we aim high, act responsibly and value our staff and customers.
We require a Contracts Manager for our Fitout Division based in Glasgow, strong Fitout/Refurbishment and new build experience essential. Ideal candidates will come from a main contractor background.
The ability to plan and monitor project delivery along with impeccable people management skills are just some of the skills needed to bring this job to life.
Leadership, strong interpersonal credibility and the ability to interact with and be mindful of clients’ needs, both of the internal and external varieties, all figure highly in the profile for this role.
The Housing team in Glasgow are currently recruiting for an experienced Contracts Manager. This role will be crucial in the successful delivery of New Build and housing refurbishment projects for both the social housing and private housing sectors. Prior housing experience in this industry is crucial.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Have current experience as Contracts Manager or Senior Project Manager managing multiple contracts.
- Have experience working within house building for a leading and National Affordable Housing/House Builder.
- Have excellent customer and business communication skills.
- Have experience in managing Project Managers and Site Managers.
- Have at least 5 years’ minimum experience of managing medium to large development, along with experience in the management of Health & Safety, and the design and procurement processes.
- Have strong experience of working closely with Clients offering excellent customer care.
- Have a background in Building and Construction.
This role will support the Operations Manager in the management of all operational issues; including the management and development of other operational managers (where applicable). The role of Contracts Manager will assume overall responsibility for the management of a number of contracts; therefore, it is critical that the successful candidate can demonstrate significant experience in managing multiple projects at any one time, with core time management, technical, planning and communication skills required, whilst ensuring all needs of the project are delivered.
Working with the Commercial team, the Contacts Manager will be responsible for managing contracts’ finances and budgets as well as the procurement and management of sub-contractors and materials (in conjunction with procurement department) in order to produce relevant procurement schedules.
The individual is also likely to have c5 years business experience with evidence of solid career progression. It is also desirable that candidates have experience in running large housing contracts within the social and private sector.
The ability to programme works – at tender stage or outset of project– is crucial; therefore, Asta Power Project or MS Project programming skills is essential.
Successful candidates will be expected to consistently behave and interact in line with the values of the business, while leading their team, setting objectives and developing people in order to provide a service of quality to customers and clients, both internal and external.
Ensuring compliance with all aspects of both Health & Safety Legislation and internal H&S Management System will be crucial. Successful candidates will also be skilled in delivering project programme and phasing presentations to clients, managing client, sub-contractor and team meetings effectively and managing their time and delegating effectively.
The role will be based from our Glasgow or Edinburgh offices and will require travel to and from sites as and when required.
The successful individual will be a dedicated and results-driven construction manager with a successful background in the achievement of profitable and quality-led contracts. Strong leadership and team management skills, coupled with a decisive problem solving ability and excellent time management skills are imperative to the role.
You should have excellent communications skills as you will be required to express your opinions both in writing and verbally at internal and external meetings. In addition, you should be able to demonstrate a good track record of working with clients to meet their expectations as well as to deliver for the business.
Successful candidates must be willing to be based on site as and when the job requires.
Successful candidates will also:
- hold a valid driving licence
- be fully IT literate in word and excel (at advanced level)
- hold previous line management experience (able to demonstrate all aspects of senior management experience)
- hold a valid CSCS card and have relevant H&S qualifications for the position (SMSTS, First Aid etc)
Remuneration package and standard terms
- Highly competitive package
- Couple Private Medical Insurance
- Holidays: 25 days annual + 8 public (extra ½ day on birthday
- Business mileage: 28p for first 10,000 miles, then 20p per mile thereafter. Personal cars must be insured for business use.
- Free gym on site at Glasgow
Download Job Advert