Morris & Spottiswood are one of the leading providers of fitout, refurbishment, M&E, facilities management and construction services in the UK. A family firm, with a proud track record of excellence, we aim high, act responsibly and value our staff and customers.
This is a part-time role based at our Glasgow Head Office and will work as part of the wider Finance team. The key duties include:
- Pursuing clients for payment on all Sales Ledger Debt
- Identifying and allocation of Daily Cash Receipts
- Follow through all queries raised until payment is received, involving Operational Division staff to resolve
- Where necessary, send out 7-day letters and if still unresolved, pass over to commence legal proceedings
- Compiling consolidated cash forecast schedule based on divisional cash sheets
- Liaising with Commercial teams to improve cash collection
- Perform credit checks on prospective clients
- Building and maintaining good relations with key clients
- Cover of Credit Control Supervisor role during holidays and absence
- Proficiency in Microsoft excel to intermediate level
Part-time hours are required 8am – 5pm, Monday - Wednesday. The ideal candidate will offer some flexibility for providing holiday cover for the Credit Control Supervisor.
You will have a minimum on 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role. Working well under pressure and to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment is vital, as is the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
You will be a self-motivated and confident individual with a pro-active approach to your work. The ability to strike a rapport with Clients and maintain positive working relationships is crucial. Therefore, you must be confident at communicating at all levels, with exceptionally good communication skills, both written and verbal. Proficiency in Microsoft excel to intermediate level is essential as is the ability to analyse data using this application.
Construction experience is desirable.
Salary commensurate for an experienced Credit Controller
5% Employers Pension Contributions
Holidays: 20 total annual days (including public holidays) for part-time hours, plus an extra half day on birthday
Download Job Advert