Learn while you earn. We are currently recruiting for Joinery Apprentices across Scotland.
Morris & Spottiswood are one of the leading providers of fitout, refurbishment, facilities management and construction services in the UK. A family firm, with a proud track record of excellence, we aim high, act responsibly and value our staff and customers. In return for your commitment, the company will continue to implement its vision to create environments for people to thrive.
With the dedicated support of our Management team you will be mentored and coached throughout your apprenticeship programme to ensure successful completion of your apprenticeship. You will work on a range of projects, gain a broader and deeper understanding of the industry and create long lasting relationships in an ever evolving industry.
We are looking for people with talent and ambition, a desire to learn, who embraces their surroundings and challenges both themselves and their team to push boundaries. Most importantly we are looking for someone who possesses a genuine passion to work in the Industry and has a desire to deliver the best to our customers.
You will have the opportunity to be involved in some of our most exciting business projects and make a real difference whilst expanding your knowledge of the industry. In return, the Company will offer you a 4-year apprenticeship training agreement where you will work towards achieving a trade qualification.
Working with us
You will work alongside and learn from qualified Joiners to develop your trade skills and knowledge of site based activities. Your learning doesn’t stop when you reach the end of your apprenticeship. If you have aspirations to learn and develop further, there are opportunities to develop through our trainee development programmes (including HNC/HND and University qualification routes).
- You must be a strong team player with a positive and flexible attitude
- Have the ability to work on your own initiative whilst demonstrating a methodical approach
- Dedication and ambient to personally develop within the role
- Computer literate and numerate
- Able work from locations throughout the UK
- Be resilient under pressure
- Be able to converse confidently with staff, suppliers, and customers at all levels
- It would be helpful to have Standard Grades in Maths and English, technology subjects or a Skills for Work Construction Crafts qualification so that you can do the necessary calculations, measurements and theory.
- You should register for an apprenticeship with the CITB: https://www.citb.co.uk/courses-and-qualifications/become-a-citb-apprentice/
- Be committed to attend college minimum through block release.
- Be proactive and willing to learn and listen, the successful applicants will progress with training and experience to become fully qualified.
Please apply by sending us your CV along with a covering letter telling us why you believe you’re the right person to join our Apprenticeship program email@example.com
After the closing date we will review all applications, selecting those who will progress forward to the 2nd stage which is a one to one interview. This may be a virtual interview.
At this stage we will have selected the final candidates for a group assessment. The practical assessment will take place at our Morris & Spottiswood Glasgow office and involve the hiring and training manager.
- Basic hours of work are 39 hours per week (8am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 8am to 3.30pm on a Friday - with 30 minutes for Lunch)
- Wages are in line with working rule agreements (CIJC working rules as relevant)
- Annual holiday entitlement of 30 days (this includes 8 days annual public/bank holidays, as well as an additional bank holiday in 2022 for the Queens Jubilee)
Valuing People at Morris & Spottiswood
Morris & Spottiswood is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
One of our core values is to ‘Value People’. We are passionate about investing in people and genuinely take care about what we do and how we do it. This ensures that the working environment, staff, suppliers and the communities we serve always remain at the front-of-mind.
Put simply, a diverse and inclusive workforce opens our business up to a much wider talent pool and greater innovation and creativity through teams with different experiences, backgrounds and education.
Applications are welcome from enthusiastic and motivated individuals who can adapt quickly to new procedures and enjoy working in a team environment.