We are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to work within our National Frameworks team in Warrington. The role of Quantity Surveyor takes commercial responsibility for the contract performance for allocated works to maximise both turnover and profitability for contracts allocated.
The successful candidate will have significant experience as an established QS within the fitout sector. Prior experience of working on framework contracts or fast paced fitout contracts is essential. Prior experience of working with a blue-chip contractor & clients preferable.
You will ideally hold a relevant quantity surveying degree qualification and will have experience as an active and effective team member in respect of cost and commercial matters on fast-track/multiple projects within framework team. Interfacing with other members of the internal project team is vital, as is ensuring accuracy, attention to detail and quality are to the standard required by the client. You will take commercial responsibility for contract performance to maximise both turnover and profitability and will adhere to robust commercial process ensuring that the client obtains continued high quality and value for money.
The successful candidate must be able to:
- run and ensure profitability of multiple concurrent projects of varying sizes from (indicative value band of £10k to £2m);
- communicate effectively and efficiently with various project-level stakeholders including designers, MEP engineers, operational leads & other commercial staff;
- provide a solution-based approach to problem solving;
- work with intuition and be a self-starter;
- act and work with attention to detail to ensure right first time outputs; and
- show their desire and drive to learn new and innovative ways of working.
It is desirable, but not essential for the successful candidate to:
- have experience working with retail / banking clients;
- have a keen understanding of the difference between Contractor & PQS roles and how they impact the service delivered to a client;
- be able to think outside of the box and understand the idea of optioneering and how to facilitate value for money; and
- RICS accredited (or working towards).
The successful individual will be a dedicated and results-driven surveyor with a successful background in the achievement of profitable contracts. An analytical approach and excellent time management skills are imperative to the role.
You will have strong commercial acumen with good negotiation skills, and the ability to liaise effectively with clients and architects to maintain/build robust relationships. You should have good communication skills as you will be required to express yourself in writing, and verbally at internal and external meetings.
You must also have a demonstrable ability to work well as part of a team, interacting positively with colleagues, and with internal and external clients.
Successful candidates must be willing to work out of the Warrington base location and be based on site as and when the job requires.
The successful candidates must:
- Be flexible in terms of hours work;
- Hold a full UK driving licence;
- Be computer literate, be fully IT literate in MS Word and Excel (at intermediate level); and
- Hold a CSCS Regular site visitor card.
Valuing People at Morris & Spottiswood
Morris & Spottiswood is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
One of our core values is to ‘Value People’. We are passionate about investing in people and genuinely take care about what we do and how we do it. This ensures that the working environment, staff, suppliers and the communities we serve always remain at the front-of-mind.
Put simply, a diverse and inclusive workforce opens our business up to a much wider talent pool and greater innovation and creativity through teams with different
This is an excellent opportunity to join an innovative and successful team.